Friday, January 22, 2010

Why can't pregnant woman shower or bath in water too warm?

I mean so warm almost hot , but not hot.I did it with my first pregnancy, and she came out ok .So what is wrong with it?Is there something I should know ?Why can't pregnant woman shower or bath in water too warm?
It's not safe for your core body temp to rise above 102.2. This can cause birth defects.





http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnan鈥?/a>Why can't pregnant woman shower or bath in water too warm?
It's something to do with the nervous system of the baby. I always take HOT showers so when I am pregnant I use warm and deal with it lol.
There is nothing wrong with taking a hot shower or a bath. As long as you don't raise your body temp more than 2 degrees from it's normal level. It's not likely to get an infection either it's actually been proven a myth. I don't recommend bubble bath stuff though.
this is a horrible answer and it freaked me out for a little while when I was 15 but my high school psych teacher said that you could coOK the baby in your womb and that is why pregnant women can't take hot baths or swim in hot springs.





but anyhow The heat can cause brain damage for the baby if the mother stays in too long (kinda like a fever can) and can be overwhelming to the mother if she's temperature-sensitive. Warm baths are supposed to be ok, but anything over a certain temp (not sure what it is, exactly) should be avoided, I think it is around 100 F but don't quote me on that. I think that a Dr. may be your best bet for an accurate answer here.
IT SUPOSEDLY ENDUCES THE LABOR
I took hot baths with my kids too, just alittle less hot than normal. Yes, you can harm a child with water which is too hot, just as men can harm their sperm if they sit in water too hot. Use your judgment, warm water is fine and if you need hot water for muscle tightness opp for a shower keeping your belly out of the spray. Ask your doctor what the danger zone temp with water while carrying a baby. You never want to feel you harmed your child so staying in the safe zone for just a few more months will be worth it in the end. Best of luck with your baby!
Stay away from saunas and jacuzzi, high heat causes vasodilation ( dilation of the veins) the body way of giving off heat and can cause a drop in blood pressure. That causing orthostatic hypotension which makes you dizzy when you stand up with the possibility of fainting.
getting your body temperature up beyond a certain point is unhealthy for fetal development and can cause birth defects... but I think they refer mainly to saunaus and jaccuzzis.
Ah! you normally even when not pregnant should not bath in a very warm or hot water! It hurts skin and nervs...If you repeat it 4 a long time you'll see some signs of ding it ;)





when you're pg you have a very tender sesitive human in your belly...the baby needs you to treat him/her kindly!





The hot water will increase your body temprature and blood moves into your vessels really fast! baby's heart will beat soooo fast when you are sitting on a sofa, so think that how fast can the baby's heart beat when you take a hot bath!





It can hurt so bad or even kill the baby !! you're lucky that your baby didn't hurt!
Aside from thinking of hard or soft boiled eggs.





i think its because the babies heart beats more than 100 beats per min. and if it gets too warm, the unborn baby might suffer heatstroke in an already warm surrounding.
i think it's to do with the baby itself, how the baby reacts to the hot water and such....i would say muscle issues too, but i use a heat pack when i need to which i think works better....
Never heard of it
showering is not as dangerous as bathing because your torso is not submerged in hot water. but still, excessive use of hot water when bathing/showering will raise your body temperature, which could harm the fetus
I really believe it' s got everything to do with your heart and also , as a spin-off , concern for any unborn children or fetus .


Obviously , you' re a healthy person if you previously took hot baths or showers with your first baby . ( pregnancy )


When you take a hot bath or shower , usually you start sweating . This means that your heart is over-working because it' s trying to COOL DOWN your body temperature ! It starts making your system produce sweat .


Over-working your heart , unnaturally , could cause negative affects to your unborn child .


That' s the worry .
I have panicked about this my self i feel the cold real bad and get really sore when its cold , so i take long hot baths and it takes away the pain , i had hot showers with my first and he came out just fine
Sorry I have never heard that. I have three children and I LOVE HOT showers I always took hot showers my babies are fine also.... I have never heard that soooo use your best judgement
CONVOULISONS
They just don't want you to take a shower, bath or get in a hot tub that is too hot b/c you can overheat and it's bad for the baby. I have done all 3 w/first and this pregnancy and so far no problems. I love hot water...feels great and especially now since my hips hurt like no other. My doctor says that you can take hot showers, baths and get into pretty warm hot tubs but as soon as you feel dizzy or start sweating to get out and cool off then you will be fine.
I don't have the slightest idea where you heard that, but you can take normal showers and baths while you're pregnant and no harm will come of it. If you are taking a bath, do not sit there for a long period of time because it can cause an infection, but besides that enjoy it as warm as you like as long as it's not scalding.

No comments:

Post a Comment