Wednesday, January 20, 2010

At what age should my partner and i stop sharing the bath or shower with our children?

i think i stopped sharing a bath with my daughter at 4-5my partner has done it with my 7mth old daughter a couple of times when smaller but as she starts to wonder what thing are i would make him put some shorts on.


i don't have a boy yet so am not to sure but i probably stop earlier considering he's a boy,but would think its ok for father and son to do it till 4 or what everAt what age should my partner and i stop sharing the bath or shower with our children?
My mum reckons I was about 8 when I stopped bathing with her or my dad but obviously it's up to you. Chances are they will decide when they want to shower on their own. I remember having bathes with my dad with lots of bubbles to cover us up and we used to make shapes with the bubbles XD But after you stop showering/bathing with them you can still put them in together. I shared bathes with my sister for ages, probably until I was 10.At what age should my partner and i stop sharing the bath or shower with our children?
I think I would stop showering with the girl about now, and with the boy at at least 6. If there is a water shortage then you shouldn't have baths anyway because they take up much more water, and they take longer to run anyway. Why don't you have both children having a bath together? I used to have baths with my sisters and it was so much more fun that doing it on our own, and you can keep doing that until you daughter is a bout 10.
There is no set age. Most kids will want to do it themselves somewhere between 3 and 5. When they express a desire, or discomfort, it is time to stop.
well when any of you feels uncomfortable is time to stop.


I don't see any harm in it.


if i'm in a hurry i will have a shower with my 7 year old son.
Is there a water shortage in your area? A family bath or shower is NEVER a good idea.
i still jump in with my three kids a 7 yr old boy 4yr old girl and 3 yr old boy. they will stop when it bothers them. nudity is no biggy for us because we are not rude about it. its just having a wash or getting changed nothing to be silly about. i think people just need to think back to when they were kids and all the kids would pile in the bath. or get dry infrount of the heater in winter. yes there are horrible people out there in the world but that doesnt mean normal people have alterier motives im just washing my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment