Friday, January 22, 2010

I have 2 cats, they hav one clean litter box, but both cats they urine in the bath shower i dont know why ?

what should i do, my cat is aint sick, she is ok but i dont know why they urine in my bath shower, what should i do, i dont think i need a doctor ! before she used to urine in the litter box, now some times she urine in the bath, maybe once a day or every 2 days, how to punish her?I have 2 cats, they hav one clean litter box, but both cats they urine in the bath shower i dont know why ?
You need to get a second litter box. You need one litter box for each cat you have. Also you need to scoop litter box once or twice a day. Clean, and change it once every two weeks. Cat's also don't like some litter you may be using. You can slowly try to change your brand of cat litter and see if that helps any. But it seems here that two litter boxes would be the best thing you can do. Good luck. Hope this helps.I have 2 cats, they hav one clean litter box, but both cats they urine in the bath shower i dont know why ?
I have 3 cats myself. 2 males and 1 female. Sometimes 2 or more cats of the same sex won't use the same litter box because of the urine smell from the other cats. For my cats, 1 of the males is always peeing on the bathroom floor and I think its because he catches the scent of the other males urine in the box. Try getting another litter box and see how that works out. We recently gotten another litter box and he doesn't do it as much. Also, try to catch her in the act and punish her. Finding it and then punishing later on won't do much good. She will think you are punishing her for no reason. I hope this helps :)
PLEASE DO NOT PUNISH THEM.......As they are not doing it on purpose as they may have urinary tract infection which is painful to pee so when they see a litter box it means big pain so they go else where.It may also be that you have 2 cats and 1 litter box as they will not use the same box but a few times.I have 3 cats and when my one cat pees or poos in her sisters litter box her sister will pee on the carpet so now one box is in my bedroom and 1 in the bathroom and all is good now...Cats do not do things to pizz people off they do it as it's natural for them and if your going off to them then please call the humans society to get the cats before they get so fearful of humans and will not be able to get adopted for that action which you made.
I have 1 cat, I use to have 2 though. Sometimes I leave my cat home for a couple of hours inside and I come home and there is either urine or poo in the bathtub or the shower. I know what you mean with that. Cats like bathtubs and showers because they are nice and clean also cool. They like the cool tiles and they like to mark their territory in place where we go often. I hope I helped!
Your litter box may not be as clean as you think. Completely change the box. Get a new one %26amp; see if the problem ends.


Put some red pepper flakes in the shower area. Cats do not like the smell of pepper.
My one cat has three litter boxes. You need to give them their own litter box or two so they don't have to enter the others ';special'; territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment