Monday, January 18, 2010

Does any one know of a product that I can use to paint/ resurface my bath and shower base?

I live in Australia so I need something which is available here - not overseas. I know there are professionals that do it for you but as I am going to sell my house, I want to cut the cost and DIY it.Does any one know of a product that I can use to paint/ resurface my bath and shower base?
Not sure about Austrailia, but there are many products available to resurfaces tubs/showers. It is a lot of work and can easily produce a bad job and lots of headaches. Even the ones that work halfway decent need to have the directions followed to the letter. None of them seem to last as expected.Does any one know of a product that I can use to paint/ resurface my bath and shower base?
You can use epoxy paint. Be sure the surface is very clean, and then scuff it up with a scotch bright pad or medium steel. Go over the surface with a tac cloth. The biggest part of any paint job is the prep work.
Check with your local hardware store. They should have a do it yourself kit for bath resurfacing. It isn't too difficult to install and doesn't take all day to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment