Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Has anyone ever had their bath and shower recoated?

Iam moving into a house I just purchased, The bathroom is ok but could do with a bit of a makeover, I was wondering if anyone has ever had their bath,shower and tiles recoated instead of replacing them and what was the cost.


Thank you.Has anyone ever had their bath and shower recoated?
I did. It was less than $300, but after a few years started peeling.





The company said that it was guaranteed for 10 years. When we went to get it recoated, the company was out of business!





I'd get an insert, if I had to do it all over again...Has anyone ever had their bath and shower recoated?
There are companies who do this. One thing you should be aware of. The coating can easily be scratched and difficult to patch. Not cheap. Had one done in Ca. My wife poured drano in the drain to unclog it. Major damage in the coating and it was only weeks old. Grimace. I was away on a job at the time. Had to tear out the tub and tile and replace it when I returned.


Hisemiester. Looks good though.
Just bought a house that had the tub recoated..it is cracking and peeling..we are having Bath Fitters put a tub right over the old tub..Cost about $1000.00.. Alot cheaper then ripping out the old tub..
  • psoriasis treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment