Monday, January 18, 2010

Why do farts always smell worse when you are in the bath or shower?

For some reason whenever I fart in the bath or shower the smell seems to be a lot worse and intense than when not in he bath or shower. Anybody else get this and could somebody explain?Why do farts always smell worse when you are in the bath or shower?
I think that the hydrogen sulfide gas that is the smelly part of fart gas reacts with the water. It may even change the chemistry of the water too. I think we need to apply for a government grant to study the matter. I know for a fact that there is an alternative energy source there.Why do farts always smell worse when you are in the bath or shower?
That is something that I have often wondered about, so I have formulated my own theory to keep my sanity.

Report Abuse



For one you are in a confined space so the fart is concentrated.. Two there is warm moist air. Smells are always stronger when they are warm and wet.
I think it sounds louder, haven't noticed it smelling any worse.





You should try farting underwater, makes nice bubbles.
you are without clothes then
Classic question - pushing the boundaries of biological exploration!


I would just say different, not necessarily worse - though I would say nasal detection seems more rapid
the heat project the smell round the room like the steam of a sented candle but with ur butt
In the shower you are in a confined space. So less oxygen to neutralise the smell.





In the bath The methayne gas gets attracted to the water molecules, so it doesn't dispurse as quickly as if you were out in the open. You can also add the bath part to the shower part. SO I guess Shower farts should smell worse ?
The opposite happens to me. Like the water tames it or something. Like when smoke is pulled through water. Ever used a bong? (I haven't)
ew. It might have something to do with the heat
you are in an enclosed space and getting a direct whiff.
Heat for some odd reason always makes them smell worse, like when you let loose in the shower. Not to mention being in the bathroom, well, lets just say it's not the biggest room in your house so where else is the smell going to go.
This happens to me all the time. And they always smell the same, yet in open air I produce a wide range of aromas.





It happens in the car too. For some reason, car farts always smell the same, and they linger for ages. You can fart in the car go and do a shopping, eat lunch then when you get back in the car it's still reekin'.





Have you ever farted in a cup then sniffed it? ....CLASS!!
The steam of the bath/shower opens up your airways allowing for a more aromatic experience.





Try it in a cold bath, apart from your mind wandering off as your nutts freeze off you will notice the smell not so overpowering.
Did you an experiment on it? The smell of farts depends on what you eat previously. For example after eating bake beans and sausages your fart will smell differently. Bake beans is one of worst fart smells me thinks.
That's a matter of opinion. Worse? Better I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment