Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When can u give your new born ppuppy a shower or bath?

The new born puppy is a month year old.When can u give your new born ppuppy a shower or bath?
No not good.


P.....When can u give your new born ppuppy a shower or bath?
Ive never had a puppy younger than two months that wasnt with its mother so i have never had to worry about it till 2 months.


But, i'd say just using a damp wash cloth should be enough. If hes really that dirty or whatever and a wash cloth isnt enough-


then personally i'd just call a vet and ask about shampoos/bathing whatever (especially if youre talking about for fleas/flea shampoo..) cuz its just as easy as typing it in on yahoo answers and its a professional answer not just random people you dont know.
It is best to wait until 5 weeks if possible. When I have a foster litter of very young pups, I make sure I have a lot of wash cloths, preferably the smaller ones or baby ones that I can get wet with tepid water and wash them in a similar movement to a mom dog licking her pups.
I don't give my puppies a bath until they are between 9 %26amp; 12 weeks old. Until then I just use baby wipes to clean them up. And only use puppy shampoo that is clear, no harsh chemicals. And no flea shampoo unless the vet deems it necessary.
I have bathed pups as young as 1 week old but I prefer to wait until 4 weeks old and only when absolutely neccessary otherwise wipe them off with a damp washclothe
Probably when your puppy is the size of a watermelon.
Would you please be more clear about your puppy's age? Is it a newborn, a month old or a year old?
Why on earth would you want to bathe a month old puppy?





Wait until it's at least 8 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment