Thursday, May 13, 2010

What is a reasonable contractor's fee for installing a standard half-bath with a shower stall ?

I live in SW Virginia. My husband and I could do the detail work such as painting an hanging cabinets. The main thing we need done is framing the room and connecting to the cast iron drain pipe in the basement (the bathroom will be on the 3rd floor in a 1 1/2 story 1950's home). Thanks :)What is a reasonable contractor's fee for installing a standard half-bath with a shower stall ?
Generally, there is a lot of variance to the cost of remodeling. I did my own recently, and was able to make a 8X10 bathroom for $900, but that was going middle of the line and doing it all myself. Look at around $350 for framing any 8X10 wall (Material and labor), another $150 per wall for drywall, $3-500 for an installed shower stall, if it is just standard, nothing fancy, $2-300 for a vanity installed, then add in flooring and lighting to get a ballpark. Also, in most states, a shower stall and sink is considered a full bath.What is a reasonable contractor's fee for installing a standard half-bath with a shower stall ?
I am a Framer and a reasonable price for the framing is around $2.50-$3.50 a square foot Plus materials Though because It is only remodel work you can negotiate the difference However if Virginia isn't a right to work state and you are forced to use the unions then I am sorry you'll have to pay way to much and are better off learning to frame and plumb your own projects. Oh and I think that when you put a shower stall in a bath it becomes a 3/4 bath I am not in real estate though so don't take my word for that though. Good luck If you were my neighbor I am so board right now I would help you just to get out of my own house. Like for nothing. Have fun.
Brandy, contact me directly so I can get some more particulars and I'll work you up a baseline price to work from.





Mike Lonergan


TradesProfessional,Inc.


http://www.tradesprofessional.com
i bought the materials and paid 2000.00 for remodeling whole bathroom new tub sink sheet rock stucco ceiling lights and power nys
ide say youde probably spend 2500 if everything is done by a professional

No comments:

Post a Comment